Saturday, March 31, 2012

C4K Summary for March

Hot Spur School Logo




My first C4K assignment for March was Simon McLoughlin's Hotspur School 4th grade class at Hotspur School in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. The name of my student was Betty in class 12 and her link is my first day in class 12 (diary entery on Flapper) by Betty.
They are doing a great job blogging with other schools. Their class is participating in a 100 word challenge. Each week they are given a new challenge to write a creative piece on their blog from a prompt that they are given. The prompt may be a picture or a series of words. They are restricted to only 100 words. In addition to the teacher looking at their writing they also have an audience of their peers. They seem to be having fun while improving their writing skills. Below are my comments to Betty:

Hello Betty,
My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I see that your class is participating in a 100 word challenge with another school that is 311 miles from your school. I also see that your class is learning how to use tools like Skype. Your class is doing an amazing job communicating with other classrooms all over the world. I think it's neat that you have a goldfish in your classroom. Flapper is a very good name for a fish. Do you and your classmates like to take turns feeding Flapper? I have enjoyed reading your class blog. You are doing a very good job. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment