Friday, March 2, 2012

C4K Summary for Feburary

The comments for kids was a very interesting assignment. I am amazed at how all of these children are using the internet to communicate with students and teachers all over the world. They are learning writing skills, social skills, and technology skills. They are preparing for the skills that will be needed in the future. I applaud these teachers for the great work they are doing keeping their students engaged in the learning process.


Group of young Ballerinas


My first C4K assignment was Mr. Chamberlain's eight grade class at Noel Jr. High school. The student that I was assigned to was Meghan. I commented on her latest blog which was titled 2011/12/my-class-dance-class In her blog post she said that she was taking a dance class and was learning all about the different dance steps of Ballet. This is my comment to Meghan:
My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class. He is teaching us how to use blogs. I have enjoyed reading your class blog and I am amazed how well you and your classmates are doing at Noel Jr. High school. I noticed that your school is in Missouri. My family and I went on vacation last year to Branson, Missouri and we had a great time. Have you ever been to Branson?
In your last post you said that you are taking a dance class and that you will first learn the basics of ballet. It sounds like you will be learning many different steps including the flap, shuffle step, and the shuffle hop step. Although, I am not that familiar with ballet, it sounds like fun.
Good luck with your dancing and be sure to practice very hard. I hope that you enjoy your celebration at the end of the year. Great job with your class blog and keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete



Peking Acrobats Performing

My second C4K assignment was Kasey Huebner's 4th grade class in Spirit Lake Iowa and I was assigned to 20SKnapp's Blog
This student talked about how fun it was to attend the Peking Acrobats show. I can tell by the enthusiasm of 20SKnapp's blog post that it must have been a wonderful show. This is my comment to 20SKnapp:
My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. Thank you for letting me read your blog. I really enjoyed reading about your experience at the Peking Acrobats performance. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. You went into great detail describing all of the different acts in the show. The performers must have been very talented. I wonder how much they practice for their shows.
How do you think the Peking Acrobats were able to do all of those amazing acts? Do you think that you would ever want to be an acrobat? Thanks again for letting me read your blog. I look forward to hearing from you. You are doing a great job with your blog posts. Keep up the good work!




Pyramids of Giza

In my 3rd C4K assignment I was assigned to Class 5 at East Broadway First school and the latest post was Ancient Egypt. The class was learning all about Ancient Egypt. They were really engaged in the learning process. This is my comment to class 5:
Hello Class 5,
My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. Thank you for letting me read your blog. I really enjoyed reading about your learning experiences of Ancient Egypt. Has your class been learning about the Pyramids? I have always enjoyed learning about the history of the world.
I see that your school is in England. I think that I would like to visit England one day. Your class is doing an amazing job communicating with other students and teachers all around the world. Keep up the good work and have fun learning about Ancient Egypt.



Sleepy little girl

Mrs. T.G. 5th Grade
My 4th C4K assignment was Mrs. T.G.'s 5th grade class in Iowa. The student that I was assigned to was 5P13 JL this is the link to the latest post by 5P13 JL I Love Being In Bed. This student really liked to sleep. In addition to reading the post 'I love Being In My Bed" I also viewed Mrs. T.G.'s class homepage and watched several videos. I really liked the video We've got some skills!. In the video the children were doing a great job of jumping rope.
This is my comment to 5P13 JL
Hello,
My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. Thank you for letting me read your blog.
I love being in bed too. I hate it when I don't get enough sleep. Getting plenty of rest is very important. If I don't get 7-8 hours of sleep at night, I feel tired the next day. Make sure to go to bed early and sleep all night, but don't sleep all day. If you sleep all day you might miss out on some fun activities. I really enjoyed looking at your class blog. I watched some great videos. I really liked the video that was titled 5TG Jump Rope Showcase. Do you like to jump rope? Have fun in school and keep up the good work with your blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hello James,

    Good work with the summaries. Just remember that when you are providing the source for the images that you cannot attribute the images to google. Google is just a search engine that you use to find the images. If you click on the images you will go to the website where they are actually hosted. That's the place you cite.

    ReplyDelete