Friday, April 20, 2012

C4K Summary for April




Jeff's Blog

This month we participated in the Student World Blog Challenge. We blogged with students all over the world. It is amazing how well these young kids are using technology in their schools. I think that blogging is a great tool for learning. My first week I was assigned to Jeff. He wrote a very good post that addresses some of the issues of water pollution. This is a link to his post Water Pollution


Below are my comments to Jeff:

My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I live in Mobile, AL. Thank you for letting me read your blog. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I have a blog as well in my class. I have included a link to my blog. You are welcome to view my blog. I have retired from the US Coast Guard and now I am studying to be Social Science teacher. I did not even know what a blog was until I started EDM 310. I am amazed at how many students like yourself are blogging all over the world.
You did a great job on your post about water pollution. I learned a lot of interesting facts. I never knew that 90% of the world’s diseases are caused by unsafe drinking water. It is really sad that
5000 children die every day due to water related diseases. You really enhanced your post by providing links to websites relating to water pollution. I am inspired by your desire to try to help those in need of safe drinking water.
I like your quote from the movie "Rocky" on your main page. Rocky was one of my all time favorite movies. I see that you play basketball. I have a son who plays basketball, baseball, and soccer. Maybe you can write about the game of basketball. I look forward to reading your blog again. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!



Picture of a baseball



My second assignment was Jeff again. This is a link to his post on Baseball.

Below are my comments to Jeff.

Hello Jeff,


It's James again. When I was a kid the game of baseball was my favorite sport as well. I played in Little League and Dizzy Dean for six years. What position to you play? Now that I am older I'm more interested in football. I have a son who plays basketball, baseball, and soccer. I think his favorite is basketball. We have a lot of fun at his games. I see that you also play basketball and soccer. I would like to read about your experiences with other sports. I look forward to reading your blog again. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

GEAUX SAINTS!





Room 9 Pt England School 2012



Vinolia's English Mihi

My final C4K assignment was Ms. Priscilla Lavakula's class. She teaches at Pt. England school in New Zealand. The name of the student I was assigned to was Vinolia and she is seven years old. This is a link to her blog Vinolia's English Mihi.She made a personal profile video. Below are my comments to Vinolia.

Hello Vinolia,

My name is James Dunnam , I am a Secondary Education Student in Dr. Strange’s EDM 310 class. He is teaching us how to use blogs. I have enjoyed reading your class blog and I am amazed how well you and your classmates are doing at Pt. England school. I watched your personal profile video. I see that you are seven years old. I have a son who is seven years old. His name is Cameron and his favorite color is blue. You said that your favorite food is Burger King. When I was in high school I worked at a Burger King store in Alabama. It's sounds like you have a wonderful family. I would like to know more about New Zealand. Maybe you can write a post about where you live. I look forward to reading more of your blogs. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment